Visit The Museum
For your safety
ENHANCED SECURITY MEASURES AT THE CANADA AVIATION AND SPACE MUSEUM
As part of its mandate, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum must provide a safe environment for visitors and employees. The possession of, or use of, objects that are dangerous or prohibited by law is not permitted on the premises during museum visits or events at our establishment.
To that end, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum will be enhancing security and control methods to fulfill its safekeeping and surveillance duties. The Museum reserves the right to implement the following measures as required.
- Backpacks, coolers, sports bags, strollers, and purses will be subject to “bag searches” at all entry points.
- Should you exit the building or event area for any reason, you will be subject to a subsequent “bag search” upon re-entry.
The following items are not permitted in the museum, or any event area:
LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Any bag exceeding 35cm x 35cm x 15.25cm in size
- Hard-covered briefcases
- Flags, banners, or posters that might obstruct a visitor’s view
- Alcohol and glass bottles
- Drones or other similar objects
- Any object that makes noise (bells, horns)
- Any animal, except service animals (presentation of certification required)
- Fireworks or other pyrotechnical apparatus
- Laser pointers
- Audio visual equipment; i.e., video cameras on tripods (exceptions need preapproval by Public Affairs prior entry) Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any weapon, pocket knife, cutter, blade, or any other knives, prohibited weapons, blunt objects, aerosol, capsicum/“pepper spray”*
- Any object deemed suspicious by security personnel*
*KNIVES, WEAPONS or SUSPICIOUS ITEMS
- Any knife, weapon, or object considered dangerous or risky is prohibited on the premises
- Any person with that type of item in their possession will be denied access to the venue, unless they voluntarily dispose of the object in the containers provided for this purpose
Weapons and other items voluntarily given up for that purpose will be destroyedBack to top