19 Results for [ curation ]
- Shield and Swordcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-shield-sword.phpExplore post-Second World War aviation innovation, some of the most important of its century, in the Museum’s photo essay.
- Conservation and Collection Servicescasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/casm-conservation-and-collection-services.phpThe Conservation and Collection Services Division is responsible for the long-term care, preservation, and housing of the National Collection for Ingenium.
- Collection and Researchcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research.php
- Messerschmitt Me 163B–1a Kometcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-messerschmitt-me-163.phpDiscover how the restoration of this Second World War-era German airplane revealed the consequences of using forced foreign labour.
- Curtiss Seagullcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-cutriss-seagull.phpThe Museum’s team undertook the restoration of this flying boat with enthusiasm. Get the details of this challenging project, completed in 1974.
- Borel-Morane Monoplanecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-borel-morane-monoplane.phpGet details of the several-hundred-hour process that brought this artifact back to life while retaining historical materials and coatings.
- Aeronca C-2casmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-aeronca-c-2.phpTight timelines were no match for Museum staff, who reconditioned this diminutive airplane in time for a test flight by RCAF pilots. Learn more.
- A History of the Rockcliffe Airport Sitecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-history-rockcliffe-airport-site.phpHow does a former military base become a national showcase and home to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum? Find out in this photo essay.
- Camouflagecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-camouflage.phpDid you know the first military aircraft had no camouflage whatsoever? See how air forces came to realize that disguising airplanes was a good idea.
- R-100casmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-r-100.phpLearn about Canada’s role in the Imperial Airship Scheme, in the Museum’s photo essay about the R-100 Airship.